Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crochet Magnet Fishies!


DISCLAIMER: PLEASE do not steal this pattern and make it your own or sell it.  I give this pattern as a free pattern for your personal use, and I will take it down if I have found that you are stealing it.

I saw these on Pinterest a while back... it was linked to someone's etsy site for sale, not a pattern. I am not great without a pattern. So, on the Loooooooooooonnnnnng drive to Utah, and Back,.... I made them! Woot! I have to write my pattern down so that I don't forget it.

Fish Body
Using Hook Size J and Worsted Weight Yarn Ch 2
Row 1. 6 sc in 2nd ch from the hook (6sc) Work in continuous rounds.
Row 2. 2 sc in each sc around (12sc)
Row 3. (sc 2 times, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. (16sc)
Row 4- 9 Sc in each stitch around. (16sc)
Row 10. (sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts) repeat around. (12sc)
Row 11-12. Sc in each st around. (12sc)
Row 13. Sc2tog (sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog) 3x. (9sc)
Row 14. Sc in each st around (9sc)
Stuff fish with batting. Not too full or it won't pick up easily with a magnet.
Row 15. (sk nxt sc, sc in nxt st) around. End with sl st in first sc. (4sc)
Fasten Off

Fist Tail
Pinch end of body where you last ended. Working in 2 sts only.
Sl st in first space. (ch 3, dc, ch 3, sl st) in same space. Sl st in next space (ch 3, dc, ch 3, sl st) in same space.
Fasten Off

Top Fin
With the mouth of the fist pointing right, join yarn w/sl st at the top of the fist in about row 6. Ch 1.
Sc in next st
Hdc in next st
Dc in next st, tc in same st.
Sl st in next st
Fasten Off

2 Side Fins
With mouth of fish still pointing right, join with sl st in about row 6, Ch 1.
Sc in next st
Hdc, dc, sl st, all in the same st.
Fasten Off
Repeat for other side.

Mouth
Using washer and Needle and thread, thread yarn neatly around the washer until it covers it completely. Leaving a longer thread, weave it to the mouth of the fist, making sure that it is really secure.
Weave in all ends.

For the pole you could probably find anything. I found some wooden dowels at Walmart and had my husband drill a tiny hole in it. Then I just crocheted a ch and did a sl st in every chain for the fishing line. Attach a magnet to it and you're good to go!

No comments: